LHM Strategic- Digital and Social Media Agency

LHM Insights

Sharing is caring

Search

Don’t keep making the biggest social media marketing mistake so many other companies are still guilty of…

There is a huge misunderstanding out there when it comes to social media marketing. Yes, 10 years ago Social Media was an emerging marketing trend. But this once uncharted territory has been around now for more than a decade. Taking the lead in messaging vehicles and target audience reach. Handing over this valuable Marketing tactic to your intern is not the best idea.

The Biggest Social Media Marketing Mistake Your Company Can Make!

Shaking the misconception that social media is something marketers can use in their strategy as an “additional” message vehicle has been SLOW going.

No matter the size of your brand or organization, digital and social media marketing are now a vital and necessary part of your marketing strategy.

Repeat after me: “social media is NOT just for the interns.” 

Social media, like any other marketing and communications tactic, needs and deserves to be a part of the big picture plan. Stop thinking of it as a cost-effective addition to your bigger marketing and communication strategy. 

Social Media use in 2021

In 2005, just 5% of American adults used at least one major social media platform. By 2011, that share had risen to half of all Americans, and today more than 72% of the public uses some type of social media, according to Pew.

We believe in taking an integrated approach to marketing and communications. Starting with planning and research for discovering who, what, where, when and how you can connect and convert your target audience. 

Digital and social media marketing have the greatest and most targeted reach, hands down!

In January 2021, Statista reported 4.66 billion active Internet users worldwide.

According to PEW, there are only 7% of Americans not using the internet. This leaves  the other 93% of the U.S. population at your social media and digital marketing fingertips!

It’s hard to believe there remains a misconception about the importance of social media and digital marketing. However, we still hear and see companies, big and small, taking a passive approach to digital efforts and missing a lot of great marketing opportunities. 

The Biggest Social Media Marketing Mistake Your Company Can Make!

Don’t be like them! It is okay to have the intern help out, but don’t undervalue the need for strategy, intent, ROI, KPI’s research, etc.

Not sure where to start? Connect with us today or subscribe to our mail list to stay up to date with social and digital marketing trends. 

Disclaimer: We LOVE and value all our LHM Strategic Intern’s and our client’s Intern’s! They give our work so much added value and provide amazing perspective for all we do.

Interested in getting help with your Social Media Marketing efforts? Take a look at our retainer options to see if we might be a good fit to help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *